The Development Control Department of the Federal Capital Territory Administration, on Tuesday brought down to the ground a property allegedly belonging to former first lady patience Jonathan .
The building which was constructed along the Mabushi -Life Camp Expressway , was pulled down because it had no official approval.
The lawyer to the property owner , Emmanuel Anene, had told the News Agency of Nigeria that the issue of the building was still pending before the Federal High Courts in Lagos and Abuja .
He said , “Sometime ago , people from the Development Control came to the site , alleging that there was no approval for the building . We met them at their office and showed them the approval, which they accepted . We thought that the matter was over .
“ They had earlier gone to court with application for forfeiture of the property to the government which they failed to achieve at the Lagos High Court . ”
“ So , we were surprised that a team came in this afternoon without notifying us to remove the structure .